At Irvine Dental Group, we keep our patients’ safety and comfort in mind in everything we do. With the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus and its newly surging variants in Irvine, California, we are taking extra precautions to ensure the health of our patients and staff.
Our office has always followed strict infection control guidelines from the American Dental Association® (ADA), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We continue to invest in PPE to protect our patients and staff and are committed to ensuring that our infection control procedures are current and effective. Our entire staff has received their full course of vaccinations against COVID-19, and we are ready to attend to your dental needs.
These infection control and safety measures include:
- Eye protection for patients and team members
- Disinfectant hand soap
- Gloves and face masks
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- HEPA air filters
You may also see some new processes before and during your upcoming appointment. Please be assured that we have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- You will be asked screening questions before your appointment and given a COVID-19 questionnaire to complete when you arrive at the office.
- We ask that you remain in your car until you are invited to proceed to the office with your mask on. Please call the office from your car and let us know you are here.
- You will be asked to wear a mask at all times while in the office, removing the mask ONLY when the procedure is being conducted.
- You will have your temperature and vital signs taken before being further prepared for your procedure.
- Please practice social distancing while in our office. Patients are asked not to bring companions, with an exception for minors and their guardians.
- You may be offered fewer scheduling options for your appointment in order to allow for physical distancing between patients.
- We are temporarily offering telehealth (virtual or phone appointments) in order to limit a patient’s need to physically be in the office.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to our office. If you have any questions for our dentist and team or would like to schedule your next appointment with Dr. Don Niu, feel free to call our office at 949-551-8877.
Dr. Niu and Staff
Irvine Dental Group